Thursday, June 03, 2010

Eiffel Tower Painting...Finished!

Here's a little painting I did of the Eiffel Tower - I got the picture off of Google Street View! Click here to see the original image. Just let it load when google comes up, it will take a minute to switch to the picture from the map.

For those of you interested, in French it's "La Tour Eiffel". How the heck do you pronounce that you may ask? Well, I was curious too and did a little search on yahoo answers. Here is what user 'la lah' has to say... tour- same as the word "tour" in English but the R should sound sort of like a gargling sound. Eiffel is pronounced like you are saying the letter F + the word "fell" but put the stress on the "fell" because French stresses the last syllable in the word.

I can never get that gurgling sound quite right.

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Very nice Rachel. And, that Google street view is something else. I'll tell you, it gave my vertigo a whirl when I spun it a bit......

DJ said...

I like your rendition of the "Tour"...Gustave would be proud~

rachelsstudio.com said...

Thanks Carol - I'm totally addicted to Street View! DJ, who is Gustave?